King Room Reservations
The Governor Bruce King Reading Room was constructed with funds raised through private donations and a special state appropriation. Gov. King dedicated the Reading Room on April 6, 2006, on the occasion of his 82nd birthday. The room houses and displays memorabilia from the King Collection, including furniture, photographs, mementos, campaign literature, and art objects collected by Gov. and Mrs. King during their decades of public service to the State of New Mexico.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 1 hour before the library closes, see Library Hours.
Access: Access to the King Room is through the Library. So that those engaged in study and research are not disturbed, please maintain quiet when entering and exiting and close the room's doors once your event is underway.
Capacity: Meeting space for 20, lecture space for 40. With the exception of the podium and chairs, furniture in the King Room must not be moved.
Technology: Internet, PC with wireless mouse and keyboard, projector, screen, speaker phone, podium, and DVD player. Equipment/media services must be requested through the Media Services website.
Food and Drink: Refreshments are permitted subject to the following restrictions intended to protect the room and the memorabilia housed there.
- Bottled drinks with lids and food items that can easily be picked off the carpet are encouraged.
- Heating elements and chafing dishes are not permitted.
- Red wine, red punch, and tomato sauces may not be served under any circumstances.
- Use the built-in countertop for serving food and drink. Gov. King's desk in the center of the room may also be covered and used as a serving area.
- Place nothing on the Cochiti Pueblo drum or the low glass display cabinet.
- Use the coasters provided if placing beverages on any of the furniture surfaces.
- Notify library staff immediately if food or beverages are spilled.
- If food and/or drinks are provided at your event, you agree to reimburse the Law Library for any cleaning or restoration costs incurred as a result of spills or other damage caused by the food or drinks.
- University policy requires a separate permit if alcoholic beverages are served.
Groups wishing to use the King Room must be sponsored by a law faculty or law library faculty member and submit the below form.